Friday, 14 September 2012

First Blog!

It's quite difficult starting one of these up! Especially after two years out of the race scene! I'll start by summarising what I have been up to in my time off!

University - amazing! Anatomy & Physiology at Dundee is a tough course but well worth the effort as it's such an interesting degree. I love learning about how the human body works and I believe it will make me a better athlete knowing what goes where and how to look after myself properly. Dundee has a brilliant Mountain Bike club that train regularly and have great social spirit - the boys are all a great laugh and road racer Morag Eagleson from Dingwall is a super rider and great company :)

Running - Being a competitive character I need to have goals and competitions to work towards - that's how I function! So joining Dundee University Athletics Club and Inverness Harriers pushed me as a runner and I have made some amazing friends. After only a few months of training I won the North of Scotland cross country championships and represented North of Scotland in the Scottish Inter Districts Championships - which was an awesome experience (even if I did get completely thrashed!). I began training with Olympian Liz McColgan and attended a training camp with her and some other athletes in Portugal for two weeks at the start of this year.  I plan to continue running but am looking forward to focusing on getting back to racing Downhill and aiming for world cup level again in a few years time.

Plans for now - I intend to spend this winter training hard and working on increasing speed and confidence on the bike. As well as passing my third year of my course. It will be tough but having time off has made me realise how focused I am on getting back to racing and I can't wait to see what happens next season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment