Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Scottish Series Champion 2013!

allllll the booty!
WOW!



Can't believe it was a year ago I decided to race again after two years off the bike...feels like it was yesterday. Deciding to return to the world of Downhill Racing has been the best decision I've made. I have had the best time ever and completely fallen in love with the sport again. It has become my ambition, my focus and my life!





I can't express how grateful I am to everyone that has supported me. In particular to James Scott who contacted me earlier in the season and offered to coach me. We have made a great team and thanks to his time and effort I have smashed the races and got us both some good results. My friends at university have been really encouraging too, coming to races with me (their role consisted mainly of heckling and shouting abuse to make me go faster) and helping me with bike maintenance (you know who you are!), so thank-you so much to them! Although my family would rather I played table tennis or snakes and ladders they have still been supportive and encouraging. I intend to put everything into my training this off-season and do you all proud in 2014 as I hit some bigger races.


Ft William SDA

Fort William SDA was my final race of this year. The conditions were tough - pretty greasy on the top section and a complete mud bog in the wood section which unfortunately had me come off in both race runs. I still managed to place 1st by over a minute with a 6.32. Really disappointed that I didn't get a clean run down but I can't complain about my result!


My full results list can be found on my "Results and Upcoming Events" page but the highlights of the 2013 season have been winning at the British Championships, winning the British Universities Championships and taking the over-all Scottish Series Championship. I am really pleased with 2nd in the over-all British rankings.

My plans for 2014 are to race the full British Downhill Series, the British Championships and the Scottish Championships...with the potential for a World Cup or two as well, depending on my financial situation.

I aim to be racing the UCI World Series in 2015.

And so begins my hunt for sponsorship! I am searching for teams/ companies/ people to work with for mutual success in 2014. I have a resume I can forward to anyone who is interested. My e-mail address is emma.atkinson6@hotmail.co.uk.



Back to university now for my final year as an Anatomy & Physiology student, it's going to be a tough few months fitting in training with study but all the hard work will pay off. I'm looking forward to finishing my degree and focusing on my cycling career.


I'm definitely crossing my eyes!

Bike all set up ready to race

No comments:

Post a Comment