Saturday, 3 May 2014

University of Dundee Sports Woman of the Year!

This blog is extremely late!! Apologies for that, university has been crazy recently...but I have my last exam on Tuesday and then I'm a free woman! 



I'd like to quickly say thank you to my mum and dad for supporting me (financially and mentally) for the past 21 years, I'm so grateful for it, particularly for the past four years here at university which have been such a great experience. I hope I can make you proud with my degree and I look forward to scrounging off you for a few more years until I grow up xxx

Dundee University has been so much more than I thought it would be! The Sports Union and Institute of Sport and Exercise have been more than supportive of my cycling adventures. I can't begin to thank Paul, Derek, Scott, Helen, Audrey and everyone else that works so hard to give us the best chance we have in our sport. The Sports Union team enable all students the opportunity to excel in their game, try out new sports and have some wild nights out along the way! 

I feel so honoured to have been awarded a Full Blue and to have received the Sports Woman of the Year trophy. It has been more than a pleasure to ride with, train with and represent the University of Dundee and I hope I can make you proud in the future! 



Although I'll miss student life,  I'm pretty keen to spend the next couple of years focusing on cycling and seeing where it gets me. I'll also be working towards becoming an outdoor instructor which will be super fun! 




After a weekend of filming with Flare clothing Company at Innerleithen, Ben has produced a sick edit which showcases the new spring/summer Roost collection. The Roost collection is comfortable, practical, vibrant and gets you noticed on the trail. Don't live life in black and white...ride full colour! You can get hold of all this colour here: http://www.flareclothingco.com/ and don't forget to watch or re-watch the video which has over 15000 views and some really positive feedback!

It was really cool to appear in the Locals feature in Moredirt magazine a while ago. Get in contact with them if you fancy sharing your story too. http://www.moredirt.com/article/LOCALS-Emma-Atkinson/5507/



My 2014 season begins in Fort William next weekend for the second round of the British DH series. There are some big names going to be there...and I'm racing them! Can't wait to get started on my season supported by 2:1 MTB Racing and brilliant fleet of companies! Check out the team's facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/21Racing-MTB-Uk/688684111170292?fref=ts
























No comments:

Post a Comment